Monday 9 November 2015

Dreaming of Summer

I can't believe we are almost half way through the last term of school already.  It's that time of the year when there's lots of events going on in schools, which was the time when Aaron was always very busy.  He used to love being the MC at his school's athletics carnival, loved all the end of year assemblies and getting ready for the grade 10 leaver's dinner.

I see things popping up on his school's Facebook page and think about how much he would be loving the things that are going on (and probably how also stressing about next year's timetable :) On my days off I often take the chance to just go and sit at his grave for a little while (and have a Pepsi for him).  I don't know if I'll ever get used to the fact that he's not coming back.  I have been feeling him around a bit lately, and it's nice to know that he knows what's going on, even though he's not with us.

My days at work go so fast, as I'm so busy and the boys are coping okay with my new job.  I hate that I don't get to walk to school with them or see them during the day, but I love seeing them walk to school together.  Aaron would love that they are sports mad like he was.

The weather has been teasing us lately, and we are getting grimpses of summer.  It's nice that things are so different now, as I don't dread holidays like I used to.  I  now look forward to the break from work and can't wait for lots of swims, trips to the beach and long evenings.  It feels like we have already started summer holidays, because the weather has been so nice, and we enjoyed our first swim of the season last week. 


It was quite fresh, so we are hoping for lots of hot days so that the pool warms up.
I am excited to already have strawberries in our garden.  I accidently let slip to the boys that there were strawberries growing, so I'm not sure if many of them will make it into the house now!
The boys love eating tea on the deck on warm nights, and finally we are getting some nights where it's warm enough (and not too windy) to eat outside.

The boys are loving that it's icy pole season again. 

We are loving daylight savings and have been having tea very late as we are out enjoying the evenings. 

It was lovely to catch up with my cousin Penny, who I haven't seen for six years as she now lives in the USA with her husband and kids.   She has brought the kids to Tasmania for an 8 month adventure of living in Australia, so it will be nice to catch up with her a lot before she goes back.  Everyone always said we looked alike when we were growing up, and we probably do even more, now that I have glasses too.

 Nothing beats fish and chips on a Friday night. 

We are looking foward to the next five and a bit weeks flying by, so we can enjoy a lot more takeaway teas, trips away,  swims at the Gorge, trips to the beach, long walks with Milly and hanging out with friends till late. 

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    So jealous - you know what we in the USA are headed into. Wish I were there! Hope you and the boys enjoy every minute of it! (I know Milly will).

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...